Total Land Area (181 km²)
Key Investment Sectors
• Food and medical industries
• Construction materials industry
• Health care
• Specialized education and training
• Tourism and entertainment
• Telecommunications and information technology
About the City's Location:
KAEC is strategically located on the Red Sea coast with access to the world by sea, land, rail and air. The City is located between major shipping routes to Europe and Asia. It has access to over 250 million consumers across the MENA region.
KAEC is Located 88 km north of Jeddah, a cultural center and the Kingdom’s second largest city, and located between the two Holy Cities of Makkah and Madinah with direct access to the Haramain High-speed Railway (HHR) and King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
Key Projects in Phase One:
• Haramain railway station located in KAEC and it transports passengers to and from King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah, as well Makkah and Madinah in 25-60 minute timeframe.
• Industrial Valley with capacity to host over 2,500 manufacturers and logistics companies, and Bonded Re-export zone.
• Central Business District: with high density living option and commercial spaces, and residential zones with fully integrated communities and modern life-style amenities.
• World Academy School: the first integrated school for boys and girls at KAEC, operated by GEMS.
• Bay La Sun Hotel: the ideal place for businessmen combining luxury services and appropriate facilities that are unique and contemporary in style, operated by Al-Khozama.
• King Abdullah Port: King Abdullah Port was created to match the aspirations of KAEC and to encourage its urban development process. Once completed, KAP will be the most important port on the Red Sea coast and in the Middle East. KAP is designed to be a major trans-shipment port and a core commercial gateway for the Kingdom. Work is also currently under progress to link the port with the Saudi land bridge project and road networks.